Spring Up Your Home
May 23rd, 2019
May 23rd, 2019
1. Add a colorful tapestry for an easy pop of color. Because they don't require much to hang, this is a simple accessory you can add that's labor and damage free.
2. Using plates/baskets as wall art is a great alternative to canvas. If you choose this route, you can switch out the plates and colors every season! When your furniture and large pieces are neutral you can really play with the accessories and easily switch things up when you need some change. Remember this when you are shopping for large items.
3. Add some greenery to any space by buying a large floor plant. You can go to Home Depot if you want to go the natural route, or stop by HomeGoods and pick up a faux. You can do this all year round but there is no better time then Spring and Summer!
4. Pillows are the easiest way to make a change. You can easily switch them out every season. When it comes to Spring, color is key! Don't be afraid to bring out your colorful side. If you are uneasy, go for muted and pastel hues. When it comes to a color palette take a look at your large pieces. Do you have a colorful rug? Is there a large piece of art that can dictate the room? If everything is neutral then it's up for you to decide! Do you want to go for the traditional blue ? Or are you girly and want to go for pinks and purples? If neither sound good, try Orange and Yellow if you want something different. Also, green is great if you love nature and want a color that's good for all year round!
5. Nothing says spring like flowers! Go to your nearest HomeGoods and pick out an arrangement that speaks to you and that goes with your palette. Put one on your coffee table or any accent furniture that would work. And you don't have to pick just one! Sprinkle them around your whole home, but make sure you pick a variety so that it's not repetitive.
6. If you're feeling extra, have a spare rug in storage that you can whip out during Spring and Summer. Have a neutral rug for Fall and Winter and then pick a colorful rug for Spring. Having different options will insure that you'll never get tired of your home.